What’s the next best thing to a home visit from your doctor? Visiting with your doctor on your smartphone or laptop computer in the comfort, convenience, and privacy of your home or office.
Telehealth is when you consult your physician using any internet-connected device with a camera. This allows your doctor to see you and address your medical concerns – and lets you remain exactly where you are instead of coming into the office for a visit if you don’t have to.
When to Use Telehealth
You may opt for telehealth instead of an in-person visit if:
- You prefer to socially isolate due to COVID-19 or other reasons
- You have mobility or transportation difficulties
- You can’t take time off work or arrange appropriate childcare
- You are traveling or are out of town
- Time constraints prevent a visit to our office
There are times, however, when an in-person visit is required, such as your annual executive physical exam or during a health emergency.
What Telehealth Can Treat
You may be surprised at the wide range of issues telehealth can be used for. At Adult Medicine Concierge in Jupiter, Florida, we use telehealth to address needs such as the following (although your situation may differ):
- Answer healthcare questions or concerns
- Write or renew prescriptions
- Make treatment recommendations for an acute injury or illness
- Address many common primary care ailments
How We Use Telehealth
You must be an established patient at Adult Medicine Concierge to participate in a telehealth visit. We offer the following options of connecting with Dr. Irma Lopez and our medical team at Adult Medicine Concierge:
- Virtual Check-Ins: A brief phone call to determine whether an in-person visit is necessary, or if telehealth can adequately address your medical needs
- E-Visits: Online messaging via our secure and HIPAA-compliant patient portal
- Telehealth Visits: Real-time, interactive video conferencing
If you are an established patient and are interested in telehealth visits, please let us know. We ask that you fill out a telehealth consent form prior to your first telehealth visit.
Telehealth Consent Form
In order to conduct telehealth visits, we require you download, sign, and return the following consent form to us:
Please note: It may take a few minutes to load the forms if you are using a slow internet connection. If you are unable to view the forms, you may need to download Adobe Acrobat for free by clicking on the icon below.
Interested in the convenience of telehealth? Established patients of Adult Medicine Concierge can call us at (561) 745-7878 or message us using our online patient portal to tell us so. New patients should request a complementary meet-and-greet to discover all the benefits of concierge care, including our telehealth services.
“I want to express the appreciation of myself and my family for your availability, advice, and care. It is certainly a comfort to my family to know that mom has such a dedicated and caring doctor like you.”